Saturday, August 13, 2011

Let Them Know You Love Them

You cannot tell me that food does not have power.

Via the electronic world yesterday, I was sent to a blog I had never read before.  The post was called for mikey.

I read it and felt my heart breaking for the blog writer.

Today, again, via the magic of the internet, I am seeing an outpouring of love for this woman and her family.  Take a moment to watch this video.  It is beautiful.

I have mentioned often the food website Tastespotting; I use it as a resource for amazing recipes.  Today, it is all about peanut butter pie, again, dedicated to this one blogger and her loss.

I am left in awe.

I know many of us have spent countless hours telling ourselves that food does not have to be the center of the universe.  I think all of this reminded me today that there are special times for special recipes and special occasions.  Food does have power; a power to create smiles and memories, to help us celebrate, to cause angst and worry to some, and to fuel us.

What this has to do with a healthy journey I am not sure.  I just had to get these words out there.  Hug the ones you love, and let them know just how much they are loved.  Even if that means today you eat pie.

I love you guys!

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment