Monday, January 3, 2011

Why Would I Want to?

As I was driving to the gym today, I had to wait for a van in front of me to take a left into Taco Bell.

Several thoughts popped into my head.  Is this person obese?  Are they one of the lucky ones that can eat anything and not gain weight?  Will you hurry up and take the turn already?

Then I thought back to my lucky one thought.  If I were one of those people that could eat anything and not gain, would I really want Taco Bell?  Think about it.  Is there anything within the food at Taco Bell, or any fast food restaurant for that matter, that makes it a jackpot! item to be able to eat it on a regular basis?

I think about the people that make these choices on a daily basis, and make them only because they do or do not gain weight.  There really is more to this than just what the scale says.


If you loaded up on the foods at those establishments, you are loading your body with sodium, saturated fat and very little fiber.  Here is proof.  Say I decided to drive-thru, and thought to myself, I think I will get something with chicken.  That is healthy, right?  Wrong.  Info courtesy of my friends at Nutrimirror.

Nutrition Info


Potassium  na


This is just one item, and it would be over 55% of my sodium for the day.  I don't have that much sodium in a full day sometimes!  Notice, if you will, trans fats as well.  Really.  I was surprised that this does contain fiber, and even Vitamins A, C, Calcium and iron.   I might even be able to incorporate this into my day if I really wanted to.

However, why would I want to do that?  Aren't there a whole lot of meals I could have that are 350 calories and a lot more nutrient dense than this?  Hell yes there are.

Who are they kidding?  I am one of the lucky ones.  Because I can eat anything I want and not gain weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment