Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dear Monica

We have never met, yet I must confess I love you.

Well, you and your granola recipe.

Ever since I made this recipe from my friend Karyn's blog, it has become a weekly event, and a staple in my meal planning.

The variations are endless; I always make the "base" the same, but have been changing up the nuts and dried fruits.  I have made craisin/almond, then a deluxe nut blend and fruit blend from Trader Joe's, the deluxe nuts and raisins, and this week I am making slivered almond/cherry.  (Note: I do add a tablespoonful of blackstrap molasses to the liquid ingredients as well from Karyn's recommendation.)

A small amount is great when sprinkled on yogurt.  A large amount is fabulous with yogurt sprinkled on it!  I love it with milk, I love it plain, I will eat it by the handful, I would eat it on the train.

You get the picture.




Ready for my close up. 

 Put your nose really close and sniff; not too close, it is stil warm!

 You little tarts, you.

 Speechless...

Maybe a container that my hand doesn't fit in would work better?

Monica, thank you for your recipe, and thank you for sharing it with Karyn!

Off to find my bowl and spoon...

4 comments:

  1. I will make sure Monica sees this! She's famous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kel,
    Love the close up's today! I truly can say, that I love granola and this is one I want to try. Thank you for posting it today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am famous! Thanks for the love Kel & Karyn... I think it's time for me to make some more granola! I'm sure the boys wouldn't mind donning their aprons for this project.

    muah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to wholeheartedly agree with the Monica love. After I made the first batch of this granola, my husband said there's no reason to buy cereal anymore. The fruit/nut combinations are endless. This stuff is wonderful! Thanks Karyn for sharing with us! and THANKS Monica for sharing with Karyn!!

    ReplyDelete